Wednesday 15 July 2015

5 Beauty Hacks You Should Know



Hi!

There are a few beauty hacks that I am aware of + are effective as they make the life of make up so much easier, so I thought I'd share them with you:


I've chucked away a lot of mascaras because they have dried up but don't do it! Just put a few drops of eye drops into the mascara, then shake and the mascara will be much better and you will be able to still get a few uses out of it.

Another good make up hack I'm aware of is for fuller lashes- who doesn't want them?
All you need to do is put some baby/talcum powder or translucent powder onto a cotton bud and brush it on your lashes, making sure you look down so no fall out goes into your eye! Then continue like normal with mascara and voila, longer and fuller lashes.This is so quick and easy but yet really effective.Here is a picture of my mascara alone and the other with this technique with translucent powder:

Left: Mascara       Right: Powder and mascara
(My lashes are already thick and cling on well to mascara this is why the results are subtle, they work better on my friends)


Mix Vaseline or petroleum jelly with a loose pigment or eye shadow to make your own lip gloss. Just squeeze out some jelly onto a spoon or container and add how ever much pigment or eye shadow you want (depending on the intensity) then give it a good old mix and you will have made your own custom lip gloss- you can also mix colours! I love to do this myself because I can get the colour I would like.

I don't know about you, but my skin tends to get a little oily during the day and there is a little hack for this. Whenever you go to the toilet, grab some clean toilet paper or blotting paper from a drugstore and pat it onto your oily patches. This is really quick and easy and doesn't take anything out of the purse! You can also use the blotting papers linked below, even when you are not oily and it will give your skin a matte finish. 

And finally the last hack- if you've ever bought a foundation that is too dark, it's not as bad as you think because you can just mix it with some moisturizer to lighten it up. Sometimes it is easier to buy a darker foundation so that you can use it during the summer when you are a bit more tanned or can lighten it up when you need to in the winter. I also like to buy a darker and lighter foundation so that you can try and mix them together depending on your skin colour. 

I hope that some of these hacks you havent heard before and may have taken your fancy and I hope you have a chance to try them out :) 

Marta xo

No comments:

Post a Comment