Tuesday 30 June 2015

Everyday Make-Up Routine



I always find it interesting to discover what make-up people use because I'm really nosey and I'm constantly looking for new make-up with good reviews. Therefore, I thought I'd show you my own everyday make up routine for you nosey people.



I don't wear make up every single day but I wear it most days when I am going to college or for a day out with my friends or family.

This is the result of my make up routine:





I also thought I'd let you know about my skin type. I used to suffer with really dry, flaky skin and was finding it really hard to wear any kind of foundation. So, I changed up my skincare routine (now use a few simple products) and it's really made a difference. My skin is now combination so sometimes it is a little dry but gets oily later on in the day.



The first product I use is primer- I don't always use a primer but for long days I would recommend it as it will help your make up last that extra bit longer. The primer that I would reach out to first would be The Body Shop Instablur primer.  It is silicone based which means it will fill in any imperfections and will help the foundation to glide on smoother.


I change up my foundation on a day to day basis depending on how my skin is feeling. Usually, I go for Revlon Nearly Naked foundation when I'm a bit more tanned or use the Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundation when my skin is slightly dehydrated and I'm at my usual skin tone.








I use either my No7 foundation brush or Real Techniques Expert Face brush depending on how dry my skin is, if it feels fairly dry I will use the fountion brush as it will not cause my skin to flake. But, if it feels slightly more oily, I will use the Expert Face brush as this will buff the product into my skin.











In this step, I would usually apply concealer but lately I've been leaving it out as my under-eye does not crease without any product and still looks OK, so for me it is unnecessary! If I were to use a concealer, I would use the Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer.




As I leave my foundation to set into my skin, I will move onto my eyebrows. I love using the Maybelline Brow Satin pencil, but it is slowly running out :(

Tip: wash an old mascara wand properly and use it to brush through your brows! I use the Benefit They're real mascara wand and it works amazingly.




After my foundation has set into my skin, I powder my face. I usually use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder but need to invest in a new one as it is starting to disagree with my skin (please leave me any suggestions for good powders if you know of any!)


I use an eco tools brush that came in a set and just dust then press some powder into my skin.







It's time to give the face a little definition. The skin may look a little flat with no colour, so a nice contour will give the skin a little boost- it can also transform the shape of the face. I use the Barry M Chisel cheeks contour kit, putting the bronzer (middle colour) onto my temples, cheekbones and the bottom of my neck (sort of recreating the number 3 on the face). Then using the contour colour (right) I put it just in the hollows of my cheeks and buff it in with any fluffy face brush.






I sometimes apply blush, but not everyday. I love the colour of the Revlon PhotoReady cream blush in the colour 'Charmed'. All I do, is dab my brush into the blush and then pat it onto my cheeks.







Mascara, personally, is one of the most important steps as without it I look so tired. I have recently purchased the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara and have been in loveeee, the results are crazy! On a day to day basis I apply one coat but if I'm going out with friends or family I do two to three and it literally looks like I'm wearing fake lashes.


Tip: Apply the mascara to the top lashes but actually on the top (the side that is on the eyelid) and then continue normally and you will see even better results!





And finally, the last step. Lips! I recently love the combination of my new kiko lip liner and a lipstick from Manhattan (purchased in Poland)





Kiko smart lip pencil 712 Rose Mauve was £2.50 now £1.70!



That's it for my everyday make-up routine! Hope you enjoyed reading this very long blog post and until next time!




Marta xo



No comments:

Post a Comment